There are many choices in baby room art when designing a nursery space. The art used in a baby’s room can create a place for relaxation or play. Follow these steps to select the perfect baby room art for your family.
- What is your setting? Remember this is for a baby’s bedroom. You will want to avoid more mature art. Children’s prints, pictures of parents and babies, families, or soothing objects like faeries, angels, animals, etc are appropriate for a nursery setting. Family pictures or a picture display, especially using both black and colored pictures, is also appropriate and can help with the baby’s development.
- What is the existing furniture and colors? Your goal is to create a unified space that is aesthetically pleasing. Be sure to consider these elements before choosing any art for the walls. Do you plan to change the colors or other elements of a room? If you are planning to make changes, then knowing that will make it easy for you to match the colors or fabrics to the art to ensure a cohesive look.
- What is the purpose of the room? Will you place your child in the room every time they sleep? Or is the room primarily a playroom? Will others be staying in the room as well? Will the room serve any other purposes? The purpose of the room will ultimately guide baby room art decisions. For example, a room whose only purpose is a bedroom should be decorated with light, soothing colors and its art should be soothing and peaceful. If the room’s main purpose is to be a playroom, the colors should be more energetic and colorful. The artwork can also be more colorful and playful. If other people share the room, then their personality and interests should be reflected in both the decor and artwork.
- Location- Where in the room will the baby room art be displayed? Will it be featured close to a piece of furniture like a rocker or changing pad? Will it be hung behind the crib or close to the floor for the baby to view? Will the art be framed on a shelf? By knowing the location, you can select the right size artwork for the space, as well as select a print to stimulate its intended viewers.
- How is the artwork prepared? Is it a piece of canvas that can be damaged if splattered? Is it matted and hung on a frame that could cause injury if it fell? Does it have glass that could break? Considering these things will help you select the baby room art that you will enjoy for years to come.
Buying A Twin Bed Mattress for Baby
Twin beds are generally used for single occupants in a bedroom where space can be an issue. The compromise on bed size can be disenchanting to a consumer unless measures are taken to ensure overall sleep comfort. One area that takes precedence in twin bed comfort is the mattress. Most people will find themselves waging a debate over cost versus comfort. However, there are some good ideas that will help to meet both demands when buying a twin bed mattress.
The standard size for a twin bed mattress is 35” x 75”. It is the smallest standard bed size available. Therefore, the mattress cost for a twin bed is considerably lower than that of a larger bed size. This makes a twin bed a favorable option for a person on a tight budget.
One great suggestion for searching for twin bed mattresses is to look at the mattress style, not the mattress brand. Generally, brand name mattresses will run higher in price as a result of the famous name rather than the quality of the mattress. Although name brand mattress makers, such as Serta, carry styles that include comfort items such as memory foam; it is important to remember that off-brand and less known mattress manufacturers carry these products, as well.
Also Read: Chase Away Those Post-Holiday Blues
Memory foam is an excellent suggestion to create added comfort in a twin bed mattress. While several mattress companies offer mattresses with memory foam construction built-in, one can purchase a memory foam mattress topper to place atop a mattress, as well. Another style of foam is latex foam. This foam is similar to memory foam in terms of comfort but adds hypoallergenic materials to reduce skin irritation from bacteria that can attach to a mattress. Latex foam is slightly more expensive than purchasing a memory foam twin mattress.
Pillow top twin bed mattresses have come down in cost since their arrival in the mattress market. These mattresses include an extra layer of cushion built into the top of the mattress that is similar to the construction of a pillow. This style of mattress is ideal for a twin bed in terms of comfort and the cost has become relatively reasonable in recent years.
Overall, a twin bed mattress is the least expensive mattress on the market, largely due to its smaller size. However, options available to maximize comfort will create more cost in a mattress purchase. Foam mattresses tend to be slightly more expensive than a pillow top mattress, but both are known for quality comfort.